This plugin was designed for the blind and seeing impaired. It was designed so the user can manage to use SDR# and the screen reader will announce the settings and values as set by the user.
Previously it was very difficult for the blind or seeing impaired to interact with SDR# as there was no good way of knowing if the settings preformed were successfully made.
The plugin will take the guesswork out of the equation by automatically detecting your screen reader and interface with it. If you switch screen readers there is a refresh button which will auto another screen reader.
The plugin will announce when it is enabled when SDR# starts.
The plugin can be manually disabled by the user. There is also a setting to announce frequencies as "Hertz" of properly formatted with the K, M, and G Hertz prefixes.
It supports speech and Braille output as well if your screen reader supports it.
The plugin will support the following screen reader software (in order preferential order of):
This plugin is a WORK IN PROGRESS.
The plugin is built around Davy Kager's open sourced Tolk library. When the plugin is fully completed, it will open sourced as well on GitHub.
Locks the following SDR# settings:
- Automatically detects your screen reader software
- Can output speech and braille
- Easy to enable and disable
- Supports many screen reader softwares
- Can announce frequencies in "Hertz" or auto formatted to Giga, Mega, Kilo Hertz.
- Can be used in conjunction with my Accessibility plugin as well.
- The plugin is 32 bit only as SDR# is 32 bit.